• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone Jack issue

golfinglenn

Apr 30, 2010
The headphone jack on my S3 is messed up. You can move the plug around and lose sound on the right side of the headphones. Doesn't matter if I am using headphones or aux cable to stereo.

Good news if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I looked on ebay and the replacement part is $8.50 from a company in San Francisco.....NOT HONG KONG lol. Better news: I looked on youtube for disasembly instructions and the second part of disasembly is removing the headphone and speaker. You literally remove about 10 screws and the thing pops right out. Looks like a 5 minute job max.

I listen to music all the time so this was driving me nuts. Very happy with how easy everything looks to repair on this phone. I have replaced screens and glass on iphones and other phones and what a pita.

Me so happy!!! :smokingsomb::smokingsomb::D:D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones