1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Headphone jack messed up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iown, Apr 16, 2012.

1. iown

iown Well-Known Member

my esteem headphone jack is messed up. what can i do except get a refurbished phone or a bluetooth headset... i also tryed to clean it with contact cleaner. Can i repair it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Wait cleaned it with what??

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

3. iown

iown Well-Known Member

this oil stuff that wouldnt hurt it that eats away corrosion and stuff.. kinda like a lubricant. but that didnt do anything to it it didnt help it and it didnt hurt it more then it is now.

4. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

I thought you were gonna take it back on your insurance:thinking:

5. ShinySide

Yea I wouldn't do that again....

6. iown

iown Well-Known Member

yeah i was but i knew from the start that they would give me a refurbished phone and if i get a refurbished phone they might fix my problem but another one would be soon to come. im just going to stick with mine and save up for a bluetooth earphones. I have turtle beach XP500 but i would not walk in public with them on my head their just so big.

7. JayBondzeWell

JayBondzeWell Android Enthusiast

you could fix it yourself. but its not like they sell the headphone jack in store like they do the iphone where u can buy pieces. or do they???

8. iown

iown Well-Known Member

My headphone jack on my esteem is broken and i am looking for someone to repair it or something does anyone know anybody thats official?

9. justainchoe

justainchoe Well-Known Member

I know this seems like a stupid question, but no one asked and you haven't stated this, so I'm going to ask anyways. Are you sure it's not the headphone?

Also, why don't you just get a refurbished one for $30 if the repair will probably cost around the same? It's not like your current phone is new anyways. The refurbished phones are mostly MetroPromised phones that have been inspected. It's possible that you'll get a new one. Why'd you make 2 posts?

10. iown

iown Well-Known Member

Ok so my esteem has a broken headphone jack.. i listen to music everyday with it and the guy in the metro store says its from takeing the headphones in and out anyways would you think that if i get a refurbished esteem it would be a POS or are all the refurbished phones they have in stock almost like new?

11. toke_

toke_ Android Enthusiast

it depends, sometimes the phone could have been bought for 2 days and the person didnt like it so when they return it its considered "refurbished" so that would be the best thing but the worst cant be too bad because theyre inspected and if theres any problems just bring it back

12. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

if you got the insurince on it, just use that. get a new phone

13. ShinySide

Gonna be merging all 3 of your head phone posts. No need to make more then one for the same topic.......

Fuzzy13 and Johnny Crapple like this.
  14. iown

iown Well-Known Member

this one isnt really about headphone jack its about refurbished phones

15. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

It's still something that could have been made all in one post :D

16. justainchoe

justainchoe Well-Known Member

Well if you pay $30, and they hand you the phone, inspect it and say "hey, can I get another one? This one has herpes on it" or whatever. It should be like new. Or if there's a scratch on the backplate, see if you can keep yours, or whatever. Just go to the corporate store and see for yourself.

Insurance has $99 deductible. You don't just get a free phone.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews