1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Headphone Jack not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Soxfan07, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Soxfan07

Soxfan07 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    I've had my Incredible since it came out and it basically replaced my Ipod for listening to music. But, now when I plug headphones in the phone dosen't reconize it and the music just plays through the speakers. I've heard maybe some rubbing alchohal might clean it up but I'm not so sure on that. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    A lot of owners of my previous device used to have the opposite problem due to the switch inside the headphone jack getting stuck in the pushed-to-one-side position, so the device always thought the headphones were plugged in. It could be cured by repeatedly plugging and unplugging the jack, or by unsticking it with a needle if all else failed. I can't really imagine the switch getting stuck the other way since you wouldn't be able to insert the plug, so maybe it's broken? Alternatively, maybe it's sofware-related - have you tried a battery pull just in case?

I don't think alcohol would be a good idea (at least, not in the jack; I don't suppose it would do the plug any actual harm, although it seems unlikely to help anything).