• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help headphone jack problems... help

askogstad

Oct 18, 2011
So I've had this problem for awhile now, and I'm one month out of my one year manufacturer warranty. When my phone gets hot, it seems to think headphones are plugged in. I have tried using compressed air, cleaning the contacts, and continously plugging in and out headphones but nothing works. The only thing that works is to let the phone dit without use to cool off.

I have an extra board but don't want to mess with soldering, I feel I might mess up.

At this point I'm good with just disabling the jack all together, but I can't find the settings for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Hey fuzzy, tried the app and it didn't help. I think my last option is to send it to Lg to be fixed. I love the phone but don't really want to invest anymore money into it. I have a droid x that's been fully flashed that I'm probably gonna use, until metro comes out with a new phone like the Optimus g. If anyone still can help me it's much appreciated since I really love my esteem.

Upvote 0
Hey fuzzy, tried the app and it didn't help. I think my last option is to send it to Lg to be fixed. I love the phone but don't really want to invest anymore money into it. I have a droid x that's been fully flashed that I'm probably gonna use, until metro comes out with a new phone like the Optimus g. If anyone still can help me it's much appreciated since I really love my esteem.

If you want to disable the jack all together, you can crack the phone open and hit the joints where it's soldered to the board just to break the connection. Not sure if it would work but it's easy enough to try. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
So went to metro to add my DROID x esn to the database yesterday, only find out they don't do it anymore starting the first of the year. I'm pretty much over everything metro pcs related. I love my esteem but am seriously considering switching carriers if I can't fix this headphone jack. If anyone wants to make me an offer on the phone that's cool, I also gave another parts phone that I used the screen off of that can come with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones