1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General headphone jack: so far, so good!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmt9779, Nov 13, 2011.

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    i know there were a few of us who were concerned about the reliability, solidity of the headphone jack on the RAZR after coming from the original Droid whose jack was so bad that i had to resort to using a bluetooth receiver for the past year+. i use my phone for music for 2-4 hours every single day so i ran some tests this morning with a pair of skullcandy headphones and just wanted to post my findings for anyone who didn't get the phone yet but is curious and it seems pretty solid! plugging them in and taking them out, trying to wiggle the jack around with the headphones plugged in, etc - i got no static, no loss of connection or music. motorola seems to have put a headphone jack in this phone the way it is supposed to be. i'm pretty happy so far...i just hope it stays that way in the coming weeks/months. if it starts taking a turn for the worst, i'll report back.

Advertisement

milkshed27 likes this.
  2. dragonbro

dragonbro Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    I too noticed the very secure fit! I have to say the sound quality is much better than my DX was.

milkshed27 likes this.
  3. Pelecrow

Pelecrow Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm coming from an original Droid to the razr. never had issues with Droid.with razr three days after purchase headphones wouldnt be recognized. Sound comes out of external speaker only even w headphonea plugged in. had to.exhange phone.new phone now has horrible static when listening to music. Worse im scared to even listen to music now, the primart use of my phone, because I expect it to start blaring out speaker at any moment.

Very dissapointed. I also find the touchscreen just too sensitive in general with this phone

4. jmt9779

None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    sorry to hear about your experience. this is the first i've heard about this - most everyone who has posted about the headphone jack is very pleased (and mine is still going strong after the first week of use). it's possible you got another dud. i'm sure vzw will exchange it again.

5. Pelecrow

Pelecrow Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    I guess its worth one more shot at an exchange. The static isnt overbearing, and gets better when the volume is up. But on less than half volume the static is bad. Its not general background static. Its fuzz around tones. Like voices in a podcast on a blank background are the worst. Also like electronic music.

And im terrified about it just starting to come out of the speaker blaring like it did with the first one.

6. sex instructor

None

Aug 20, 2010
    does droid razr support headphones with a mic and volume control? The fact that my DX didn't was driving me crazy

7. jmt9779

None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    hmm, i listen to my volume at about 30% and haven't noticed anything like that...but i listen mostly to (heavy) rock.

if you do an exchange in the store, you might want to bring your headphones with you and try out the jack on the new phone before you even leave the store.

good luck! and please keep us posted!

8. jmt9779

None

Jan 4, 2010
    NYC
    i don't think many android phones really do. my razr does not, but i jsut found out this week that there are apps for it. i downloaded "headphone button controller" and it works great so far. (i haven't tried all the functions - just "play/pause". that's all i really need for right now.)