• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone jack - Waterproof?

Just wondering if the headphone jack is waterproof like the s4 active? I noticed there is no rubber seal on the headphone cover/port so I figured it probably is.
Yes the port is waterproof. The cover is there to keep dirt particles out of the port. The 2 microphones (voice and noise cancellation), speaker, earpiece, camera, flash, are all waterproof too. I've dunked mine many times in the sink and rinsed it off to test it when it was new to confirm it's waterproof. The only issue is after it gets wet, the microphones need to dry otherwise people will say "you sound muffled". Once the mics dry out, sound will return to normal. I use a BT headset most of the time so it doesn't matter, but just FYI.

I bought this phone primarily to use near pools, hot tubs, showers, etc. without fear of it getting splashed. Works great.
:)

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones