1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Headphone jack - Waterproof?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by madmanmarz, Jul 8, 2013.

1. madmanmarz

madmanmarz Newbie

Just wondering if the headphone jack is waterproof like the s4 active? I noticed there is no rubber seal on the headphone cover/port so I figured it probably is.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

3. precglide

precglide Newbie

My headphone jack has a rubber cover. Your's does not?

4. madmanmarz

madmanmarz Newbie

It has a plastic cover but no real seal. Just noticed that my commando 4g is the same. Plastic cover over headphone jack but no real seal. There's a plastic nub that goes inside but that's it. The USB port both have seals though.

Makes you go hmmmmm

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yes the port is waterproof. The cover is there to keep dirt particles out of the port. The 2 microphones (voice and noise cancellation), speaker, earpiece, camera, flash, are all waterproof too. I've dunked mine many times in the sink and rinsed it off to test it when it was new to confirm it's waterproof. The only issue is after it gets wet, the microphones need to dry otherwise people will say "you sound muffled". Once the mics dry out, sound will return to normal. I use a BT headset most of the time so it doesn't matter, but just FYI.

I bought this phone primarily to use near pools, hot tubs, showers, etc. without fear of it getting splashed. Works great.
    :)

Harry2 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro release date was October 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1850mAh battery.

October 2012
Release Date
Reviews