• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone Jack won't "latch"/doesn't work

jbudd21

Lurker
Nov 19, 2012
So I've had my phone for about 5 days now and I absolutely LOVE it! Except today I try to plug in my headphones to it and it doesn't go in all the way. There is about 1/8" of the headphone jack exposed and the audio never transfers to the headphones. Also if you turn the phone upside down the cord just falls out. I've read that people say it's hard to press in, but mine is not locking in at all. I hope that this isn't a defect because other than this my phone is just brilliant.

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

So I've had my phone for about 5 days now and I absolutely LOVE it! Except today I try to plug in my headphones to it and it doesn't go in all the way. There is about 1/8" of the headphone jack exposed and the audio never transfers to the headphones. Also if you turn the phone upside down the cord just falls out. I've read that people say it's hard to press in, but mine is not locking in at all. I hope that this isn't a defect because other than this my phone is just brilliant.

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

That's unfortunate news. I would recommend contacting Google for a replacement but it might be weeks until you get it. In the meantime how about a pair of Bluetooth headphones to circumvent that minor inconvenience?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones