1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Headphone jack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maikinmoves, Jul 18, 2010.

1. maikinmoves

maikinmoves Active Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I can not seem to get the headphone jack to work, such as I place the headphones in there and the sound keeps coming out of the back of the phone. I have tried two different pairs of headphones, and I know at least one of them use to work. Although when I pulled the back off my phone to see if i can see anything, I noticed the little white/red sticker is mostly red, and I don't know why or if this has any correlation. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to try, or know what is under the red tape and if i can pull that up to get a better look at whats going on?

Advertisement

2. EB12

EB12 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    the red/white sticker is for moisture. red means it got wet

I know because mine got a bit wet up there and my headphone jack rarely works now as well.

3. maikinmoves

maikinmoves Active Member

Apr 11, 2010
    If I wiggle around the plug a little bit I can sometimes get it to play and more often get the little orange LED to light up or flicker but it is very tempermental. So i can't help but to think since the warrenty is already void do i just start taking everything apart to see what is really going on, and then when it is completely shot send it in under insurance, and pray that I get one that is defective in the multiple other ways these phones are none to be, since mine is flawless otherwise, and a tainted screen or poor call quality would be a lot worse off.

Does anyone know how quickly bluetooth headphones drain the battery?