• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone jack

maikinmoves

Apr 11, 2010
I can not seem to get the headphone jack to work, such as I place the headphones in there and the sound keeps coming out of the back of the phone. I have tried two different pairs of headphones, and I know at least one of them use to work. Although when I pulled the back off my phone to see if i can see anything, I noticed the little white/red sticker is mostly red, and I don't know why or if this has any correlation. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to try, or know what is under the red tape and if i can pull that up to get a better look at whats going on?

If I wiggle around the plug a little bit I can sometimes get it to play and more often get the little orange LED to light up or flicker but it is very tempermental. So i can't help but to think since the warrenty is already void do i just start taking everything apart to see what is really going on, and then when it is completely shot send it in under insurance, and pray that I get one that is defective in the multiple other ways these phones are none to be, since mine is flawless otherwise, and a tainted screen or poor call quality would be a lot worse off.

Does anyone know how quickly bluetooth headphones drain the battery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones