1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Headphone jack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MO351, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MO351

MO351 Lurker
    None

May 27, 2011
    Is it stereo? I've got a stereo audio cord that I use in my car to listen to an aux music player (mp3 player, ipod, etc.). It works fine with my ipod nano but when I plug it into my Commando to listen to music it only comes out in mono and not stereo. The plug is a straight plug, not a 90 degree angle plug. Is the Commando's audio jack not stereo?? I thought it was. Trying to listen to Pandora in the car through the stereo but the mono just won't cut it. Suggestions? :mad:

Advertisement

2. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Firefighter, agrimechanic
    North Florida
    Mine is stereo with either headphones or the cassette adapter (remember cassette tapes?) that I use in my work truck. If it's not going all the way in it won't be stereo. Try another plug in acc. to see if it is just your adapter.

3. Techniq

Techniq Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    It's because your plug is not going in all the way. I have experienced the same issue with my headphones that do not clear the rim of the housing, the area where the orange seal meets with the phone to provide water-proofing/resistance. For my car adapters I have shaved off a bit of the plastic (I used a Dremel but you can use a razor blade too if you don't mind the cut marks) surrounding the metal plug so the entire plug will go in.

My Sony MDR-V6 headphones have a large metal plug so I don't use those. Thought of making a custom adapter from an old pair of earbuds that fit...but we'll see.

4. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Male
    i had an old Y splitter from radio shack i cut down, and keep in the car, im pretty sure it was like 99 cents when i bought it.

i bring this with me to places i doubt will have a modern connector, which is most anywhere still it seems llol