1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Headphone out sound quality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jensen, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    I saw this mentioned in another thread about call quality, but what do you guys think about the headphone jack's sound quality - overall?

I was playing some music (via google music app) into my car's stereo through the headphone jack and it seemed to sound better to me than the EVO 4G. It's hard to tell over stock car speakers though.

I have yet to plugin my JH13 monitors (really high quality headphones) but I will sometime this weekend. Let me know what you think.

Advertisement

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    I have used head phones as hands free in my truck since the palm pre and used with the evo and the 3vo. I did this because i refused to get bluetooth and be that guy going everywhere with his bluetooth in even when not using it. Imho with the 3vo, it is better than the og evo, not by much but slightly. But i recently bought bluetooth foe vehicle driving and kinda like it.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    I went for a run today with the phone playing music. I have a pair of Sennheiser sport headphones and have been using these with my Evo 4G for a month straight. During today's run, I didn't notice any improvement or degradation of sound quality with the Evo 3D. I'd say it's comparable.

Then again, listening to music while jogging isn't the best environment to be gauging sound quality. But I think they're pretty comparable.

marctronixx likes this.
Tags: