• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone Remote Control - Listen and Music Player

Scary

Jul 6, 2010
I've been using my Desire with normal headphones for a couple of weeks and have just tried the supplied ones with the remote control.

I use Google Listen quite a bit and was downloading a podcast with it earlier. The problem comes when I try and listen to something on the media player - the << and >> seem to control both applications at the same time, so I have podcasts and music playing together! It also creates big delays in the reaction time to the controls creating clips from both apps being played randomly

Am I missing something or is the only way to do to 'force close' Google Listen in applications first?

I experience the same issue! Headset/Bluetooth remote controls both the Music and Listen app - very frustration...

Any help out there... Please...

I've been using my Desire with normal headphones for a couple of weeks and have just tried the supplied ones with the remote control.

I use Google Listen quite a bit and was downloading a podcast with it earlier. The problem comes when I try and listen to something on the media player - the << and >> seem to control both applications at the same time, so I have podcasts and music playing together! It also creates big delays in the reaction time to the controls creating clips from both apps being played randomly

Am I missing something or is the only way to do to 'force close' Google Listen in applications first?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones