1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support headphone settings on android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heshanj, Jun 17, 2011.

1. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

is there any way to change headphone settings or something, to get my ringtone/notifications to sound thru my headphones when i plug them in? at the moment, im listening to music or game music thru the headphones, n my ringtones/notifications still sound thru the speaker.. its quite annoying, as the reason i play games with earphones plugged in is coz i want the sounds to play thru them! plz let me know :D

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

anyone? is this a stupid question or is there no fix? :D coz its really a basic thing that shouldnt be an issue..

3. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    That shoulknt happen w/ headphones plugged in but id suggest using silent. Plugging in headphones should shut off the external speaker though.

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

yeah i guess i could use silent.. but i know, it shouldnt happen! thats why i really want to fix it, i shoudlnt have to put it to silent.. im gonna keep messing with it n see if anything changes :p

5. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

i just tried it again.. game music, music dont come out of the speaker.. but calls/messages/notifcations come thru the headphones, and thru the speaker as well, at a lower volume

6. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Right, unless you put it in silent mode, your notifications will sound thru the headphones and if you get a call it should give low tone beeps regardless of silent mode or not.

heshanj likes this.
  7. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

i see.. thats a bit annoying, it wouldve been nice if it detected the headset n put it in silent mode automatically (even my ancient nokia could do that) well, thanks for the info, i'll do that from now on :)