1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Headphone Volume Bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by david12325, Oct 24, 2011.

1. david12325

david12325 Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    Some of you may have noticed this bug but many have probably not encountered. It happens when you plug your headphones into the jack and the audio is not quite as loud as it should be. There are a few fixes to this:

1. Pause the music for 3-5 seconds and hit play. (Works about 1 in 5 times)
    2. Unplug the jack wait a second plug it back in wait a second hit play. (Works about 1 in 3 times)
    3. Call someone and hang up after the call has connected. (Works about 1 in 2 times)

I noticed this bug occurs when you receive any sort of notification so if you fix the volume and then get a text it will go back down and you will have to do 1 of the 3 solutions to fix it. This is EXTREMELY annoying for me because %95 of the time I have my phone plugged into my car and while i'm driving i'm pulling the plug in and out and pausing the song and calling people and by the time I get where I get to where I need to be it's finally working.

Is there any way to fix this permanently? I have tried using other music players and they all have the same result. I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue and it's a firmware issue. I am currently using tickerguy's CM7, but I noticed the problem in the stock ROM too.

Advertisement

sfboy likes this.
  2. jordonwii

jordonwii Member
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    Student and hobbyist programmer
    Washington
    I got the same issue, but I noticed that it's not as bad on CM7. Also, if you go into Settings->CyanogenMod Settings->Sound and turn off audio focus it can help ( not 100%, but makes it happen less often).

sfboy likes this.
  3. david12325

david12325 Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    do you mean Notification Focus, because I can't find audio focus.

sfboy likes this.
  4. anesthetic

anesthetic Newbie
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    i have the same issue, seems like nobody can fix it......:mad:

5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
    This happens on stock and on every ROM I have tried. I haven't triedevery ROM, but I haven't heard that others don't have this issue. I don't think it is something that is easily fixed. As far as I know it is a problem with every ROM for this phone, but is easily worked around. Every time I pause my audio for a few (5-10) seconds after it happens it goes back to the louder volume. Is it annoying? Yes, but not enough that people feel the need to put that much time in to try to fix it yet. It might be something that is looked into down the road.

6. ziddey

ziddey Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    This might be a coincidence, but I haven't had the volume issue with my warranty exchange triumph. I did for the first time uncheck "use incoming call volume for notifications" though. I'm sure it's unrelated and I'll have the volume issue soon enough. Haven't installed anything on the new one yet.

7. david12325

david12325 Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    do any others that are encountering this bug use Go SMS? Some reason I have a feeling that is contributing to it.

8. pauly2020

pauly2020 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2012
    Hello Motorola Triumph Users!!

Ok so I came to this post when I originally purchased my phone and have been using the technique introduced by mikeneo987. I am now copying this fix to all links I