1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support headphone volume to loud and screen flicker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dk8jt, Jul 30, 2011.

1. dk8jt

dk8jt Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    So the main problem I have is that when using headphones to listen to music (grooveshark, spotify, mp3s..) it is way to loud for me.

Even on the lowest volume setting it is to loud, enough where the music can be listen to when not wearing the headphones.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Also I can reproduce the screen flicker problem by pressing the lock button on and off quickly. Thats the only time it happens though.

I wonder if I have a bad phone. The main problem is the headphone volume. So far the flicker does not bother me as long as it does not happen when using the phone.

Advertisement

2. BradMc

BradMc Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Every once in a great while, the headphone volume will change to be too loud, like you describe. But most of the time, it's actually too low.

When booting the phone, it starts off too low and stays that way most of the time. Every once in a while, something will make it change to be normal. But then if any notification sound plays, it will switch back to being too low again.

And then a couple times, it has actually changed to be too loud, like you describe. Where the lowest volume setting mutes it, but the first click up is almost too loud to listen too. It's so annoying, because I listen to music and podcasts almost constantly on it. I have never figured out exactly what triggers the change to make it normal or too loud, only that notifications or ringtones change it back to being too low again. It's so buggy, this phone.

3. st26539

st26539 Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    I have the same problem. I've tried multiple pairs of headphones, different apps, etc. but it's still too loud (level one is equivalent to about 40-50% on the Intercept). I think I'm going to have to exchange it and try another phone (which means I have to drive an hour and a half to the next nearest BB since mine is sold out). Music volume is important since I use my phone everyday to play music. Its a shame as the only other issue I have with mine is some very minor light leakage.

4. Tblover55

Tblover55 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    I had the same thing happening with my headphones. I tried a different pair, one that had a volume control on the headphones too and that seemed to fix it. Now It's almost perfect volume control. It also doesn't produce the small staticness that was happening with my old headphones... so you could try finding a pair of headphones that have a volume control on them...