1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Headphone w/ inline mic issues on Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mtraina7, Jan 18, 2012.

1. mtraina7

mtraina7 Newbie
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    I bought the Bose headphones with the inline mic for my Verizon Nexus Galaxy and here are the issues I'm having. I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing the simliar problems:

When listening to music (with any app I've tried so far...but mostly Google Music) if I have a song playing and I stop it using the mic remote it will stop no problem. But if I let it sit stopped for more than a couple seconds or so, it is torturous trying to get the music to start again. I have to hit the button a couple times to get the music to come back on and this is not consistent. The only thing that I've seemed to figure out how to resolve is to turn the screen on and then hit the button. This seems to do the trick...but if my phone is in my pocked and I'm listening to music this seems silly to do everytime.

While on the phone...

When I get a call with my headphones in I can press the button and it picks it up no problem. The issues comes when having to hang up. Again...with the screen off no matter what I do the button on the mic won't hang up the phone. The only way I can alleviate this is to (again) turn the screen on and hold the button down for a couple seconds. But this is a silly resolution if my phone is in my pocket.

Apologies for the long post but I hope someone can weigh in!

Advertisement

2. sourmilk

sourmilk Member
    None

Oct 13, 2009
    i have the same issue with google music. my phonak pfe headphones with single button remote worked perfectly on the nexus one/gingerbread, as did most headphone remotes, but on the gnex the controls are a bit unresponsive. once the music starts it pauses and skips tracks fine, but start up after not using it for a few hours usually requires starting the google music app on the phone first. sometimes a double click "wakes up" the phone.

Tags: