• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphones in but notifications still play

Organon

May 7, 2011
This weird thing happened this morning (and still goes on). My phone is on vibrate while listening to music but everytime I get a text, the notification sound will still play. This of course interrupts the music and is pretty damn annoying.
I tried setting the phone to silent but it's still the same.

If I unplug the headphones the phone acts as it should on the different settings.

I listen to music everyday and it hasn't been a problem before.

I use Spotify as my only music source but the problem is the same if I watch movies with the stock app.

I hope someone will be able to help me. :)

The only way I could get around that was with chomp sms that has a setting that can be set to only vibrate or do nothing during music regardless or what sound profile is on. It only works with texts though. I ended up having to close out other apps such as facebook and such to stop their notifications during music.

Upvote 0
The only way I could get around that was with chomp sms that has a setting that can be set to only vibrate or do nothing during music regardless or what sound profile is on. It only works with texts though. I ended up having to close out other apps such as facebook and such to stop their notifications during music.

Would I have to use chomp sms instead or could I still use Handcent?

FB only vibrates when there's a notification anyway. Seems strange though that this problem appeared out of nowhere.

Upvote 0
Have you contacted anyone, such as the original retailer, about warranty service? Sony offer a two-year warranty against faults in Europe, after all.

I think I will. Just found out the notification plays through both the external speakers as well as headphones when it's just on normal (headphones plugged in).

Anyway I've found threads dating back to 2009 from different android platforms (Motorola, HTC, Sony-Ericsson) were people are complaining about this bug.

Btw, 2 year warranty is default for almost any product here in Denmark (maybe other places as well).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones