1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Headphones NOT Headset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smbunation, Mar 10, 2011.

1. smbunation

smbunation Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Miami Beach, FL
    I'm loving my new Inspire; however I am baffled by one thing, which is why does my device randomly switch from the 'Headphones' mode [as indicated on the notifications bar] to a 'Headset' mode? This has happened during test of multiple brand headphones and ear-buds, and even an auxiliary cable for my car audio setup.

Yes there are a few other threads on this sit about this topic, a couple of which are promising and to download an app called 'Headset Blocker', but that did not work for me at all. Does anyone else have this issue and/or can you please help me in 'fixing' this. I suppose I would just like to disable the 'headset' - 'feature' if possible. Cheers!

Advertisement

2. jeremy1701

jeremy1701 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Kenosha, WI
    I have had this problem, too. No idea what to do about it or how to fix it.

3. smbunation

smbunation Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Miami Beach, FL
    Update...

Went to an ATT store [not the same one I purchased the device from], they tested my cheap headphones on an in-store device, and each music player worked just fine without ever going into the 'Headset' graphic, or every bringing up the voice dialer. What this though means is that my device is defective and I need to bring it back to the store I bought it from for a brand new one. Sounds great except the hours it is going to take me to re-customize the whole damn thing...

So a note to new buyers [I wish I would have thought to do this], check out all little things like this BEFORE you get too comfortable with the device. Luckily I am still well within the return/exchange timeline to make matters easy, but I cannot imagine if I were not... Cheers.