• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphones plugged in but sound still coming through handset

When I plug in my panasonic headphones into the phone I get sound through the headphones and the handset. Theres no instructions on how to fix this online or in the manual. Hiw do I stop the noise coming through the handset?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, nushnz. :)

Assuming your sound settings are correct in the Settings menu, after plugging in your headset, try pressing the power button until the "power off/restart, etc" applet appears, then noticing the little speaker buttons at the bottom of that applet, mute everything (experiment with it; I don't have an S4 so not sure what order the speaker buttons are in):

49764d1354763247t-headphones-notification-sound-still-coming-through-speakers-screenshot_2012-12-05-20-40-40-copy.png

Upvote 0
I'll also add, be sure the headphone plug is inserted completely. I've run into this where it seems like it is, but it's actually not. Sounds like what could be going on here. I had this problem on my Galaxy S2 until I realized that it took an extra "click" before everything worked correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones