1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

headphones problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by licinio, Jan 20, 2014.

1. licinio

licinio Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2013
    I have a Thl W8S which was bought with original headphones, and they worked perfectly. Now I have bought a replacement pair, original, which have the following problem. The sound volume is too low. If plugged in with no music playing I can hear a distant noise. If I keep the the button pressed the sound comes out unfettered and with normal loudness. On the other hand the button is not controlling the phone anymore, i.e. accept calls, stop the music. It is just not recognized.

While I was waiting for the headphones to be delivered by mail, I was using a universal set of headphones which had exactly the same behaviour, so I used them just to listen to the music with the button sello-taped down.

I hoped I'd recover all the functions of the headphones when I used the original ones, but nothing is working. Is some contact in the jack socket gone to pot?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was moved to the forum for phones that don't have a dedicated forum.

My experience with headphone jacks is that over time they can accumulate lint or dirt that prevents a good contact. A sharp wooden toothpick and vacuum cleaner can many times clean it out.

... Thom

3. PaulS

PaulS Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 24, 2013
    Male
    Different headphones have different wiring protocols.Some will not work on all devices.For example I still have a cheap Nokia 100 and the cheap set of headphones I got off eBay,which have an in-line volume/track button,will not work with the Nokia but work with my Galaxy Ace.

The main set that I use have no in-line devices-JVC HA EB-175 Sports type,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jvc+ha+eb+75&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=_a3dUuHTBuiO7AbmyYDwDg

and will work on both devices and are quite loud.

HTH :)