1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Headphones sliding out of jack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NeilUK, Jun 1, 2011.

1. NeilUK

NeilUK Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Anyone had this issue.

For a weeks now I have noticed that my headphones/earbuds have starting sliding out of the headphone jack. They used to fit snuggly but all of a sudden they dont seem to fit in correctly and any slight movement they slightly come out or come out completely.

I have looked in the connection and cannot see any blockage and also the phone has never been dropped......

Advertisement

2. williamj1

williamj1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    UK
    Try another pair of headphones. Often headphone jacks can just be weird, and some will simply fit better than others.

If other headphones are just the same, then clearly the problem lies with the phone itself, so you would maybe need to look at a repair or something?

3. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    Marlow, Bucks, UK
    I've had this problem. For me it's been caused by fluff in the jack-socket. If you can't see the metallic connector at the bottom of the socket then it's blocked by fluff. I use a cocktail stick to gently prise it out and the socket works fine. I'd quite like a socket cap to prevent the problem but I've not found one.

HTH.

4. nafpez

nafpez Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    +1 Had this exact same problem a few months ago and a gentle fiddle inside the socket brought out (quite a bit of) fluff, couldn't believe how much was in there. Just be careful not to go too vigorous as you may damage something.

Tags: