1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Headphones w no mic Tip?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maniacman54, Aug 3, 2010.

1. maniacman54

maniacman54 Member

As soon as I got my Droid X, I have been looking for a pair of headphones that has a mic. However I was walking home the other day with my sony headphones that does not have a mic and called my dad. I was able to speak with him through the X's mic without taking out my headphones. So it was like having headphones with a mic without having it.

Anyone else experience this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iamfiretruck

iamfiretruck Member

This is how i make car dock calls.

3. Lars

Lars Android Expert

Yep it's a headphone jack only.

4. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member

You are saying that when I make calls with my Bose headset (with mic), that I am NOT using the Bose mic? .. that I am using the internal mic of the Droid X?

That is not the case with my headset.. I am definitely using the Bose mic while on a call....

maybe i am misunderstanding your post?

5. maniacman54

maniacman54 Member

Maybe it the bose mic overrides the internal mic? I don't know. I just know that when I had my headset in with no mic, i was able to use speech to text, and talking to my dad.

6. maniacman54

maniacman54 Member

For the car dock, is there something actually being plugged into the headphone jack. I was looking at pictures and i didn't see anything, which would explain you being able to make car dock calls without the use of a headset w/ mic

7. Lars

Lars Android Expert

Maybe im confusing with the inc. That would mean that the dx has 4th lead like the iphone in the jack.

8. Trauma

Trauma Member

i kinda figured that once you get such an advanced piece of technology, you would go wireless with a bluetooth lol.

9. maniacman54

maniacman54 Member

true, but I don't want to be THAT guy on the train that constantly has a bluetooth earpiece in his ear (who would I be talking to underground). I like to be more discrete :)

Also, the bluetooth stereo headsets are just not doing it for me. I like a nice pair of wired inear headphones (w/ mic possibly)

10. Trauma

Trauma Member

touche.

I dont own a bluetooth either lol.

i watch movies with run of the mill headphones

11. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member

The sound from the Bose headphones (wired) is awesome though!
    I don't think a bluetooth headset out there can produce what the Bose do..

Funny about the "bluetooth headset guy." I know a guy that ALWAYS has that contraption on his ear.... Can't imagine him without it anymore... I have a suspicion he thinks it's "cool".. uh...no...

:)

12. maniacman54

maniacman54 Member

the worse is when you are just walking and someone on their bluetooth starts talking right in back of you and you turn around and say "excuse me?!". Then they look at you like you're an idiot because you're supposed to know that they're on their bluetooth headset while pointing to the frequently outdated earpieces.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews