1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Headset button control

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andersomel, Feb 4, 2011.

1. andersomel

andersomel Lurker

I have several apps for playing podcast, audio-books and music. My problem is that only a few is responding to buttons pressed on my headset.
    The weird thing is that the behavior is totally random, sometimes DoggCatcher is reacting, and sometimes it do not. My guess is that some of the apps is hijacking the controls, or i have to do a restore back to factory settings . Any ideas how to solve this?

List of apps
    • DoubleTwist - Always work
    • HTC music - Always work
    • Audible - Always work
    • DoggCatcher - Dont work, maybe the first time its opened after an update.
    • Audiobook Player 2 - Dont work

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gardium

Gardium Well-Known Member

Hi there. The thing about headsets that are not created for any specific product (like Nokia and Sony Ericsson make their own headphones with controls that only work on their phones), is that they use a universal codex to control the music player software on the device. As you are saying its working on HTC music, there does not seem to be anything wrong with your phone itself. It is understanding all the codex commands coming from your headset, however, from what I would suspect, it's all up to the developers of the software you use whether their program will execute the codex order. So I don't think there is much you can do, unless you somehow find a program that can convert these signals for you so the program you use understands the command =/

3. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

john_g likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews