• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headset buttons don't work?

jcmtyler

Dec 7, 2009
I just tried out the included headset today and couldn't get any of the buttons (prev/pause/next) to work. I tried this with the default Music player, Meridian, and Mixzing, all with the appropriate settings to enable headset buttons. I also made sure the headphone was plugged in securely.

Any thoughts? Anybody else notice this?

I just checked, and (on mine, at least), the remote ONLY controls the default music player, and only if I have the widget (so I guess you could say the remote only controls the widget).

AND it will function regardless of whether or not something else is playing. I was playing music with Mecanto, then pressed the headphone play button, and the built-in music player started playing ON TOP OF Mecanto's music. Interesting...

Upvote 0
So I played around with this a bit more and now I can get the headset to control the main player and widget for the default music player, Meridian, or Mixzing. I had to selectively disable headset support for the 3rd party apps, for example to get the headset to work with the default music player/widget I had to disable headset support for Meridian and Mixzing, etc...

Bizarre, but anyway it seems to work correctly so probably I just had too many apps competing for the headset events.

Upvote 0
The Problem i'm having is one day the headset controls not working at all. I dont get it. I used to be able to hold down one of the buttons on my headset and it would trigger voice calling. During music it would be able to pause and play. .. now nothing. I wonder if its a hardware issue in some of theses cases. I wish there was a main preference menu for these controls on the phone.

Upvote 0
Having same problem on Nexus One - Android 2.2

Using Mixzing (Pro) - worked fine before on Hero with Android 1.6

Now only if I have manually started a and the display is on (!?) will Mixzing have priority for headset controls. I actually preferred the media player in 1.6.

I've seen the same issue on other media players like Lithium although apparently Meridian has a solution / setting to sort this.

@jcmtyler - try with other headphones. Had same issue with helmet headphones & mic I bought. Also, fix didn't work for me.

(It looks like this is the main reason behind this post)

If stock media player had Genres I wouldn't even have bothered with Mixzing.

C'mon Google, give us some options. It's why we (usually) like you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones