1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Headset Microphone works except during calls.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tigey, May 24, 2011.

1. Tigey

Tigey New Member

May 24, 2011
    I have had my Aria for about a year, and I have used the wired headset (both the OEM and a third party one) successfully throughout that time. Voice chat, Google Map search fill-in, calls etc. A couple of weeks ago I found that the microphone was not working during calls. It works at all other times, and in fact I can hear my voice feedback during a call, but the other party cannot hear anything from my end. At first I thought this was the mic occasionally screwing up coincidentally during calls, but after extensive testing, it looks like it is specifically muted leaving the phone during calls.

I have been putting off moving to Android 2.2 Froyo, and today decided to go ahead and do it, in the hopes that I had changed a setting somewhere that was interfering with the functioning of the mic, but to no avail. I have 2.2 on it, but the mic remains defunct when speaking during calls.

I have tried several other microphones that are known to work in other phones, and two OEM headsets that ship with the Aria (thanks to a really wonderful clerk at the local AT&T). Is there anyone who has seen this problem and knows anything about it? I really loved the ability to talk hands free, and particularly the wired headset because I could listen to music in both ears when not calling...

Tigey

Advertisement

Tags: