1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Headset/phones on without being plugged in.. Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigtalente, Jul 6, 2010.

1. bigtalente

bigtalente Lurker

Jun 29, 2010
    Hello is anyone having this issue? I dont have headphones plugged in and I am getting the icon. And also sometimes getting headset as welll and am not able to get or make phone calls when this is active. I have to phone off phone to reset this.

Anyone have same issues? fixes?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

Feb 15, 2010
    Product Engineer
    NW Indiana
    Moved to Support and Troubleshooting.

3. bigtalente

bigtalente Lurker

Jun 29, 2010
    love the response i get from verizon... please confirm this because i think its dumb and wrong.

i was told the headset icon is still on header (wo being plugged in) becuase the fact i used regular headphones in that jack and they are different sizes and if i continue to do so that i run the risk of breaking it or running this issue every time. they are sending me out a new phone because of this but i am not going to listen to music with headset earphones they are set up different for music and not conversation....

anyone technical and know if there really is a difference in the headphones and headset plug size and why would they be and use the same port if "i run the risk of breaking it"...

all i really wanted to do was tell the tech he was a moron and walk out of the store