1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Headset problem since the 4.3 upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lincapp, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Lincapp

Lincapp Lurker
    None

May 10, 2010
    Since the recent software upgrade to 4.3, I have been experiencing a very annoying problem. I regularly use my Samsung S3 with the headset with no problems, but since the upgrade every time I receive an incoming call, I hear it ring once in the headset then the headset becomes inoperative (no sound or controls), the phone itself continues the ringing. After answering calls, using the handset instead of the headset, all further attempts to use the headset are futile. The only way to re-establish the headset functions is to power off and then power on, only for the problem to arise next time the phone rings. I completed a system (software) reset and changed the headset, in the hope that this would resolve the problem, but it still persists. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    Financial Services
    Savannah, GA
    I would recommend rooting and trying a different ROM. Lots of 4.3 Roms that work fine with BlueTooth. I use MOAR 7 and I have noticed improvement in BlueTooth in every way over 4.1.2

Or... I would take it back and complain first and see if there is an easy fix. I did not take the OTA so I have not tried stock. I hope someone else has had this happen and can help but I have not heard of it.

Lincapp likes this.
  3. Lincapp

Lincapp Lurker
    None

May 10, 2010
    Thanks to all those who have read or considered solutions to my problem, but the matter appears to be now resolved. I completed a second system reset and for whatever reason the headphone problem no longer exists.