1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips headset with mic recommendation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garybeck, Jun 9, 2011.

1. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    I need to get a headset for my Optimus. I want to make sure I get one that is compatible

I want a headset with mic so I can talk on the phone. Can I pretty much get any "universal" headset?

does the optimus accept both mono and stereo headets (with mic)? a stereo headset with mic would have 4 contacts on the plug. a mono headset with mic would have 3.

thanks

Advertisement

2. rwinvt

rwinvt Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    Don't know about mono with the V.
    But generally, yes- any headset with the same plug size will work--I don't know that any and every mic will necessarily work, and - based on reading, not experience, even if the mic works, every function button won't necessarily work-- but this one does:

These were made by Palm for the Pre--
    Great sound quality. I wanted a spare-- After getting these, I ordered another pair to leave in the glove box and another to leave in my brief case. The original LG 's are now the "spare" --only if I can't find any of the other 3 sets.:)

Button on the cord works just like the LG buds that came with the V---answer phone, and pause & skip funtion for mp3 player.

I got mine from OEM Shop which is apparently out of stock now, but still several choices-new- at $2.50 delivered.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Palm Stereo Headset for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre

Investor22 likes this.
  3. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    DOH! I have the headset that came with the V. I figured it was just a headphone because it says on the package "ear headphone" and there is nothing to indicate there is a mic on there. I'll give this one a try before I buy another.

thanks!

4. rwinvt

rwinvt Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    Ha! I figured you had lost or broken them.

But don''t feel too dumb-- I almost sent back the pre buds thinking they sent the wrong thing-- didn't know it even had a button because it's so much smaller than the ones on the LG set. Tried them out for sound purposes since, at two bucks I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of returning them-- and by accident I pressed on this little "thig" where the cords seperate--- and the music stopped. DOH!

5. Spikefan2004

Spikefan2004 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    The headphones that came with the optimus v does have a mic. I haven't used the mic with the phone yet, but i tried the mic on my ipod, and it worked.

6. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    I got this one. Bluetooth Ear-cup Headset - White - BH-M11 It is bluetooth and works with both Google Voice and dialer. It also has a USB connection on the headset that plugs into the minijack on the Optimus V, this works with Skype.

Tags: