1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

'Health Passport' app initially for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sullencab, Oct 15, 2020.

1. sullencab

sullencab Well-Known Member

Apparently, Mayo Clinic teamed up with a health technology company to launch a new digital service focused on decreasing the cost of testing and care for COVID-19 and other common medical conditions.

Meaning, if successful, this will be required in every establishment, right?

What do you think about this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

"Mayo"? :thinking:

kraft-mayo-22.jpg

MrJavi likes this.
  3. sullencab

sullencab Well-Known Member

:oops: Nope, not that one. The Mayo Clinic.

[​IMG]

Lol. Sorry for the confusion. So, any thoughts?

mikedt likes this.
  4. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

mikedt likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Never heard of it. So no thoughts from me. I'm actually in China, and Covid tracking here is done via Wechat or Alipay, including "health passport" QR codes, with GREEN is good, RED is bad.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

About "Health passports“ or "Covid passports".now it's summer I'm now travelling around many cities and provinces, like I've just travelled from Ji'nan to Beijing, and now I'm in Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia, and going to Xi'an next, all by train. And to do this, one must have a smartphone, with the official travel app, that shows a green arrow if one is clear of Covid, and it also shows the vaccination status.
    Basically if you don't have this, you can't travel to another area, end of.

#6 mikedt, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

A vaccine passport is not about public health. It's about public CONTROL.

Think about it: does the Covid vaccine prevent infection? No. Does it prevent transmission to others? No. How can it even be called a "vaccine" then? And now the same authorities, who assured us these "vaccines" are safe and effective, want to control travel of every human being on the planet under the guise of this scam?

Any official who is promoting and pushing this idea needs to be removed from office immediately and forever. Possibly hanged. My 0.02

PitCarver likes this.