1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Heart icon app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Tommy0780, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Tommy0780

Tommy0780 Lurker

Hi! Anyone know what this is ? Maybe from an app? Was on my GF's Galaxy S9 phone status bar. A grey heart icon that is in a circle. Attached the photo.

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      336.3 KB
      Views:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James L

James L Android Expert

It could be anything.....

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

She's cheating on you!
    Seriously, we get tons of these daily.
    Could be anything from a fitness app to tinder....
    Ask her and find out

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so we get this on a daily basis, this type of question. in fact another thread just popped up as i type this post.

there are millions upon millions of apps out that have notification icons.....that's a lot of icons!!!! so unless it is something like Facebook or Youtube, most of these types of threads go unanswered. we can sometime make guess on what the app is. the only way to know is to look in the phone's notifications. but 9 times out of ten the phone is inaccessible for various of reasons. but do you really want to go about sneaking and snooping on your gf? the best kind of relationship are the ones built on trust with everything out in the open.

.....just ask her what it is. what harm can it do?

#4 ocnbrze, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Dannydet likes this.
  5. Cryin_Lion

Cryin_Lion Lurker

Does she not know your asking? It seems strange that your asking here instead of just asking her. Regardless it's probably a steps counter, pulse counter, blood pressure monitor, or other health app. Don't worry that it's something suspicious, I mean would any app or person be that obvious? Well some men might, but zero women would.

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

So many apps, too many hearts.

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yeah, heart icons are hopeless: as said above they are used for fitness apps as well as dating apps, but also by some social media, and even apps whose function has nothing at all to do with fitness or relationships but just because the developer chose that icon.

And that's not even a real notification icon, the photo looks like a lockscreen/always-on display, so from my limited experience of those I don't even guarantee how well it matches the app's status bar notification in appearance. The surround of that icon, which might be taken as a progress bar, suggests fitness app to me, but I can't give a positive ID.

Why don't you ask her if it bothers you?

8. AK311

AK311 Lurker

That heart icon is Samsungs digital well being app that tells you about how you use your phone each week.

Attached Files:

Hadron and ocnbrze like this.