1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

heats up while charging or playing music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smartphone45, Jul 4, 2013.

1. smartphone45

smartphone45 Member

does anybody experience the phone getting warm while charging or playing music i have noticed this. I dont know if i should be concerned.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. k28king1

k28king1 Android Enthusiast

While it's charging the battery will always heat up. As with any smartphone or mobile device I recommend not using it while charging.. the heat can damage the device over time. Now while playing music, a game, or intensive app, that is the proccessor. As with anything with a CPU, gpu combo it will heat up with use. It's normal.

wetbiker7 and LilBit like this.
  3. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Yes i noticed this also, my desire hd ran cool but the sv does warm up somewhat

4. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

It's pretty normal, nothing to get too concerned about.:)

k28king1 and wetbiker7 like this.
  5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Lilbit is right. All of my devices heat up when charging. It is common for the devices to do that.

Also, what K28king1 said is good info to know. Unless you absolutely need to use the device, leave it be while charging. HEAT is the enemy! Using the device while charging just causes more heat.

If you guys think this phone gets hot, LOL..... you've never held a Marquee while it's on the charger!

Those of you from the Marquee section know exactly what I'm talking about! :D

k28king1 and svz235 like this.
  6. k28king1

k28king1 Android Enthusiast

Good lord I could've boiled an egg on the marquee lol.

wetbiker7 likes this.
  7. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D No doubt!!:D:eek:

k28king1 likes this.

HTC One SV Forum

The HTC One SV release date was January 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

January 2013
Release Date
Reviews