1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Heavy Breathing Sounds

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by green.willow, Dec 17, 2010.

1. green.willow

green.willow New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I swear this is not a joke.

Earlier this week, I was talking to my husband on my Droid X and I kept hearing a very annoying heavy breathing sound. DH is 67 and does do this sometimes, but it was to the annoying point. At the same time, I didn't think much of it. Then today, I was talking to my daughter and heard the same heavy breathing. She does not usually make this sound, so I asked her if she was out of breath. She said, "No. Not at all." I said, "You are making all this heavy breathing sounds." which she denied. Just as I was telling her about what I was hearing (she did not hear it), the heavy breathing stopped! :eek: I started laughing because we had been talking about the pros and cons of Formula 409 over Clorox bleach. (She just bought a house.)

I work at mid-sized bank, in the IT department. This is my personal phone and from work, which is where both calls occurred, I probably make phone calls on it less than five times a week. I have no access to confidential information.

Do you think someone is listening in to my conversations? Has anyone else experience heavy breathing sounds on their Droids??

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Probably not!

If anything what you might be hearing is an odd bit of crosstalk...

3. It sounds like you could be sometimes hearing yourself breathing into the device mic through the speaker. Try turning the speaker volume down a notch or two.

4. biohazard989

biohazard989 Active Member

Sep 15, 2010
    student
    greeley,co
    yeah sometimes when cell phones don't connect the best they tend to have massive echo. i get it sometimes... fix is to hang up and redial... most the time fixes it...

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    ^^ This. Stop breathing for a few minutes and see if the sound goes away ;)

The_Chief likes this.
  6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Now that qualifies as a truly hardcore troubleshooting method! :D

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    For a slightly less drastic troubleshooting method, put your hand over the mic and see whether you still hear it. :)

8. Keira06

Keira06 New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Female
    I experienced the same.
    I thought it was me or my boyfriend but no.
    No one is breathing heavily.
    I hold my breath and also my boyfriend is talking while I hear those heavy breathing sound and while he was talking, the sound was all messed up. I hold the call and in my shock I can still hear those heavy breathing. I don't know maybe it was a third party or just the network is jammed.
    But damn! It lasted for 1 minute and 30 seconds after I say hello!
    I was freaked out since it was just last night around 1 am. It scared me also so curious. Whatever that is I want to know.

9. lvt

lvt Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    So the problem still exists after all these years?

10. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    These are simply glorified radio transmitters/receivers after all. Bleedover is going to happen at some point.

11. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Male
    Yes, but GPS has been used more openly (you just look in the section "Chronology" on your Google-account as a gift) - all written there, and in some detail. Paranoid can rejoice.

12. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    You could also be getting a bit of the sea shell treatment. If you hold a shell to your ear, you hear your own breathing and other various noises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seashell_resonance

If you are holding the phone tightly against your ear, you may get this sound.

Right now, I have an extremely stuffy nose and even normal breathing sounds like a pervert on the phone.