• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Heavy usage users?

How's Ur battery life? Don't care about light or moderate users, Jus heavy. I've had mines for bout 4 days now, I don't work so I haven't really token it out for a whole day yet. But imma phone geek and im popular so im always doing something on this thing. Jus curious to know, how's Ur battery life?

But imma phone geek and im popular so im always doing something on this thing.
^
laughingsmiley.gif

But to answer the question, I get about 6-8 of really heavy usage. Playing with it nearly nonstop and pandora streaming music.

Upvote 0
How's Ur battery life? Don't care about light or moderate users, Jus heavy. I've had mines for bout 4 days now, I don't work so I haven't really token it out for a whole day yet. But imma phone geek and im popular so im always doing something on this thing. Jus curious to know, how's Ur battery life?

By popular you mean tech support right? :p
But to answer your question, I can get 6-8 hours with heavy texting, and internet browsing
However I can only get a max of about 4 hours with heavy AIM, Gtalk, and gaming. Aim and Gtalk chug batteries like whoa for some reason. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
If I'm going to be honest, I haven't noticed much of a change in my battery performance since updating. I had high hopes too. I still get about the same as everyonee who has posted here. 4-5 hours heavy use. My phone still seems to drain while idle and the phone rarely stays to 100% at idle unless I do that calibration trick with every charge. Hope they get this sorted out soon though. I love this phone. I wish Sprint would call me with that darned Battery kit they were scheduled to get in.

Upvote 0
If I am using the phone heavily I might get 4 hours tops. By heavy I mean that the phone still drains battery while plugged into a USB port on a computer. I pretty much keep a charger on me at all times. USB cable at work, car charger, and wall charger at home. Helps that I had a palm pre before this and all the chargers work for the EVO.

Upvote 0
I doubt this actually helped battery drain while the device is active. They likely tweaked the standby states to help conserve the battery while the device is not actively being used. I had a low-moderate usage day yesterday and my battery lasted about 2 hours longer than it normally would have under those conditions. Battery left indicated 14hrs since last charge when I hit 19%. I was typically getting about 11-12 hrs.

Upvote 0
If I am using the phone heavily I might get 4 hours tops. By heavy I mean that the phone still drains battery while plugged into a USB port on a computer. I pretty much keep a charger on me at all times. USB cable at work, car charger, and wall charger at home. Helps that I had a palm pre before this and all the chargers work for the EVO.

I think have noticed something about using other usb and car/wall chargers besides the one specific to the brand of the phone you have.. It seems as though it takes longer to charge and doesnt hold a charge well or as long.. I have had several phones starting from bb tour - palm pre - samsung moment - htc evo and have used chargers from those previous phones or 3rd party chargers and they seem to make my battery not last as long/drain faster and again they take longer to charge.. I think this may be affecting the charge that some of the batteries can hold.. just an observation, but see how it holds up for yourself.. It also seems that swapping out batteries makes the battery drain faster or not hold a charge as well..

Upvote 0
I think have noticed something about using other usb and car/wall chargers besides the one specific to the brand of the phone you have.. It seems as though it takes longer to charge and doesnt hold a charge well or as long.. I have had several phones starting from bb tour - palm pre - samsung moment - htc evo and have used chargers from those previous phones or 3rd party chargers and they seem to make my battery not last as long/drain faster and again they take longer to charge.. I think this may be affecting the charge that some of the batteries can hold.. just an observation, but see how it holds up for yourself.. It also seems that swapping out batteries makes the battery drain faster or not hold a charge as well..

I use the my Pre chargers with the EVO all the time and see no difference at all. In fact I bought an extra Pre charger just for my EVO because I like the design and I could get them new on amazon for $9. Of course you will see longer charge times from chargers limited to less than 1A output (USB= .5A, other chargers can be .5A, .6A, .75A, etc.).

Upvote 0
I use the my Pre chargers with the EVO all the time and see no difference at all. In fact I bought an extra Pre charger just for my EVO because I like the design and I could get them new on amazon for $9. Of course you will see longer charge times from chargers limited to less than 1A output (USB= .5A, other chargers can be .5A, .6A, .75A, etc.).

The pre charger seems to work very well for the Evo actually (i like the pre charger personally), but when i used it for the samsung moment i saw the difference..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones