1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hebrew font and language packs for Samsung Galaxy Ace

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nbsm1, Aug 19, 2012.

1. nbsm1

nbsm1 Lurker

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Ace, and I tried to get Hebrew fonts onto my keyboard, as an alternative input language for SMS / email, but no joy.

Also, Hebrew language packs such as "Prolog" or the "Morfix" dictionary aren't working for me: when I try to download Prolog, I get a message saying the app isn't compatible with my phone (although the site has an android app version, which is obviously the one I chose!), and in Morfix, which downloaded fine, I can only look up the meaning of English words in Hebrew, not the other way round, as the displayed Hebrew keyboard doesn't respond to my trying to actively use, rather than just read it.

I found a complex, multi-step-by-step guide on the internet on how to get Hebrew characters to work on the phone, but I don't date tackle it for fear of screwing up the phone. Actually, double-checking it, it came from Androidforum - "HOWTO Hebrew support on any Rom" - but hey, it sounds made for Linux geeks.... Is there a workable shortcut??

Your help would be much appreciated, as I'd really love to use my phone as a mobile vocabtrainer etc.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

nbsm1 likes this.
  3. nbsm1

nbsm1 Lurker

Hi Lindsay,
    Thanks for pointing me to the Samsung Galaxy Ace forum. Are you saying I should repost my posting there? Or will my query be picked up?
    Cheers

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Welcome and good luck finding what you need, I an sure the members in your device forum will be able to guide you best.