1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hebrew fonts

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by avischwartz, Jan 4, 2012.

1. avischwartz

avischwartz Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Hi all,

I just brought an unlocked T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 from the States to Israel, and have been frustrated trying to get Hebrew fonts added to it. No one I have talked to seems to know how and my programing experience is, at best, novice. Can anyone help?

Thank you for any help.

Avi

Advertisement

2. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Hey Avi, I'm pretty sure you need to root an Android phone in order to add system fonts. If that's something you're comfortable doing with your SGS2, you could use one of these apps with Hebrew truetype fonts you find on the web.

FWIW, I just tried visiting haaretz.co.il in the default browser of my HTC Rezound. It displayed the mobile version of the site in Hebrew with no trouble, so evidently it already has the font loaded.

If you do a factory reset (which will delete all your phone's data), does it give you the option of specifying your language? That'd be the easiest solution if it's available.

3. AriSamsungG2

AriSamsungG2 Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2012
    Hi Avi and Bluebiker,

Blue -- thanks for the info!

Avi -- I also have an unlocked S2 from the US. How did you end up getting your phone to work in Hebrew? How did get your Israeli cell phone company to provide service?

Thanks a lot!
    Ari in Tel Aviv