1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Helicopter View Shortcut

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Carlos A, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Carlos A

Carlos A Member

One thing I didn't use to like about Motorola Phones was you could pinch out from a homescreen to get that Helicopter view.
    But recently I noticed that if you slide up from any homescreen starting from the dock tray. It pulls out the Helicopter view. I believe this works for all latest Motorola phones on GB. I first noticed this on the OGAtrix, but thought it was just a nice little bug. But when I got the Atrix 2, it was also there.
    Hope this helps some of you out. Instead of having to click the home button twice.

KOLIO likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

+ 1

Works on the PHOTON also, running stock GINGERBREAD 2.3.4 :D

THX for the tip. :D

3. Carlos A

Carlos A Member

No Problem i always hear reviews that you could go into helicopter view on motorola phones, unless you hit the home button twice. This new feature is even faster i think.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

You may be able to change the "DOUBLE TAP HOME" action by going to MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS.The PHOTON has a DOUBLE TAP HOME setting that gives 8 or so choices.

Not sure if this is on all MOTOROLA ANDROID phones that have came out in the last year,but,the ATRIX 4G,ATRIX 2,BIONIC,&PHOTON all are similar & share a lot of the same features.

5. Carlos A

Carlos A Member

yes i was able to do that on both Atrixes or (Atrixi). I believe all moto phones can that are on GB or higher.

KOLIO likes this.
  6. jpwarrior

jpwarrior Lurker

I can double tap the home button and this view appears.