• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Helium app not detecting phone.

Hi guys. So I've been trying to backup my apps on my Xiaomei Redmi Note 3 phone. I am attempting to use the Helium app to accomplish this. I've followed all the steps, downloaded the chrome extension for the app on the PC as well as the app on the phone. I've enabled USB debugging, PTP mode etc. I even went into Device Manager to 'update' the 'Android ADB drivers' like what most people recommended. The app on my phone still says 'waiting for the Helium Desktop application to enable backup on your Android...' while the chrome extension on my PC says 'waiting for device'. Please help with this problem. It is getting very frustrating. There are tons of ADB drivers on the net but I am unsure whether they are safe.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones