• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Helium backup can't restore

EpicRazzy

Dec 27, 2013
I've been playing a cracked version of Iron Man 3 which gave me unlimited money etc. and since I heard that the official app got some pretty new features with the last updates I decided to use the official app.I didn't want to lose my progress from the cracked one so I used Helium to back up my save data.Now that I've downloaded the official app and wanted to restore the data Helium doesn't seem to see files.I followed everything, if you think I missed something feel free to tell me.I don't really think it could be from the game because it's cracked because I also backed up other games which were from Play Store and Helium doesn't see those either!

You need to make sure your backups are in the proper place, odds are they need to be in a folder named carbon on your sdcard.

If you used Helium to only save your app data then it would not necessarily restore the app data to a drastically newer version of the app from one hacked.

Make sure Helium is looking in the right place for your backups.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones