• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Helium

zuben el genub

Extreme Android User
Jan 24, 2011
I've got it, and have backed up the Oppo. But I've never had to reinstall anything since I hadn't factory reset nor rooted the phone.

How can you double check exactly what is backed up and will reinstall from the saved files?

I bought most of the Green Mountain Digital Audubon guides. Once from Google, and once from Amazon.
(Google said the Oppo couldn't use the apps, so I repurchased for 99 cents each from Amazon and they run just fine on the Oppo.

I don't want the new updated versions. Audubon has taken more of a lead, and wants everyone on the forums and socializing. I've been a member of a couple of local Audubon societies and the propaganda, other nonsense and demanding extra money got to be a real drag. Nothing about helping the local wild life. Green Mountain makes Keurig, and you know what happened when Keurig installed DRM in the coffee serve cups.

I have not updated any of the apps to the new versions. All they added was social junk, not new birds.
If I back all these up with Helium, how can I make sure that all of the bits and pieces for the old apps to run are there? Check file size?

Thinking about a new phone (TMo and changing bands) - how will this transfer to another phone from Helium?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones