• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Helix Launcher now on market...best launcher available

Anybody else not have the drawer tab up top to close the launcher after its been opened? For me it kinda just disappears in the Notification tray bar. Not having any other FC issues or app launching problems, but not being able to slide the launcher back down physically is a big deal-breaker for me.

Running SS2.0.2 with Adamz LV kernel.

Same here. But I just use the back key to exit.

Upvote 0
Yeah, just use the back key.

Are the people that are experiencing FC's overclocked past 1ghz? I'm on BB v0.8 but I'm not overclocked (running at 550mghz). Maybe there's a conflict with certain kernels depending on the number of slots? I only say this because I've seen where certain kernels seemed to have conflicted with certain programs. Just a hunch.

Upvote 0
Yeah, just use the back key.

Are the people that are experiencing FC's overclocked past 1ghz? I'm on BB v0.8 but I'm not overclocked (running at 550mghz). Maybe there's a conflict with certain kernels depending on the number of slots? I only say this because I've seen where certain kernels seemed to have conflicted with certain programs. Just a hunch.

I'm at 1.2 on Chevy's SS 2.0.2 with Adamz low voltage 1.2 kernel.. been using this launcher for over a day now and not had any FC issues with it. I grabbed it from the xda site, so couldn't respond to market issues.

Upvote 0
Ah, found more info on HelixLauncher2:

[APP] HelixLauncher2 - ON MARKET TOO! [15/03/10] - xda-developers

EDIT: Went into a FC loop with HL2. Trying HL1 now.

BTW, if you go into a FC loop, you don't have to pull a battery (if you didn't set HL2 as default). Just hit home again before it crashes and it'll pop up the "choose default" option. Then hit home again and select it.

EDIT: HL1 is working fine for me. Think I'll stick with that one. I love the docking!

Upvote 0
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.. But my droid is rooted and I'm running Pete's ESE53 v.08. I downloaded the launcher from the market and installed it, but I don't have the option to open it. Do I have to have something else installed to use this? Thanks for your help!

if it installed go to manage apps-> filter all-> launcher or home (whichever is you are using) -> then click clear defaults, next time u hit home it should give u the option of using helix launcher

Reactions: rlblosser
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones