• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello all, long time sidekick user

dozens

Nov 4, 2009
I have had a sidekick since 2001 and I think it is finally time for a change. The sidekick hardware just hasnt stay current. I love the phone and the built in apps and actually got pretty good at developing my own apps for it so switching to an android will be a big switch for me. Plus the fact I have over 600 contacts and appointments as far as year out in my sidekick with probably no way to get that data out of the phone.

Not sure if I will stay with tmo and get a cliq and switch to verizon for a droid. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself, I will probably be asking some noob questions soon.

I have had a sidekick since 2001 and I think it is finally time for a change. The sidekick hardware just hasnt stay current. I love the phone and the built in apps and actually got pretty good at developing my own apps for it so switching to an android will be a big switch for me. Plus the fact I have over 600 contacts and appointments as far as year out in my sidekick with probably no way to get that data out of the phone.

Not sure if I will stay with tmo and get a cliq and switch to verizon for a droid. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself, I will probably be asking some noob questions soon.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones