• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello all,

perplecat

Lurker
Nov 30, 2012
Hi there, and a big wave from down under. Aussie for those who do not know. I am new to anything and everything relating to smartphones.
:) I have just finished using my trusty Nokia 3330. Yeup...bought it around ..geez..I don't rightly remember its so old.
So recently I have just bought an Galaxy s2 and have spent the better part of three days trying to get my head around the new languages relating to these new toys. New? well, it is to me.
'Root', 'Unroot', 'mount' I mean..really.. lol.... I'd love to see, just for kicks, instructions and descriptions given in laymens terms for a change!!
I came accross this new language when trying so hard to learn how to remove branding and branded apps from my phone. Learning how to install applications from my pc to phone etc etc. And I have endured a consistent pounding in my head trying my best to learn all these new terms!!! :D
So I will be digging deep into this forum and doing my best to catch up to you all. I hope. ;)
So, nice to be here, now off to ride my kangaroo to the store!! :p

Hello perplecat. :hello: Welcome to Android Forums.

For starters, You might find the links in my signature line (right below the friendly "Don't Panic" ;)) helpful. There's some good basic Android info there.

Also, here's a couple of links that should help explain rooting:

General Android phone FAQ (updated 9th October 2012) (See section 3.1 - What is

Reactions: perplecat
Upvote 0
Hello there perplecat! :wavey: and welcome to the Android forums! :D glad you have decided to join our forums, and hope you get all the help you're looking for!

The "Smartphone Language" is definitely something different than your older phones LOL. But you can definitely do much more with these phones than what you used to be able to do with the old ones. Glad you decided to go Android! I love seeing new android users!

If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Reactions: perplecat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones