1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bikewise, Feb 8, 2014.

1. bikewise

bikewise Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2013
    Hi, My name is Ian & am 60 year old.

I'm new to smartphones and this site. and am Hoping to learn lots and share the knowledge!

My mobile phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace and my question is how do I uninstall pre-installed applications which I do not use or want. These are using up memory and preventing me from down loading and using apps that I want. I have tried tapping and dragging to the recycle bin as mentioned in the users manual with out success

Thank you, Ian

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Hi Ian, Welcome to Android Forums.

Often times you can freeze bloatware (pre-installed apps). You should be able to go into Settings | Apps | All | [name of app you want to remove] and choose disable. It will take up storage space, but will not load and take up memory.

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Hello and welcome to the forum Ian:hello:

It is possible to delete the pre installed apps but you need to be rooted to do it. Root access basically gives you access at the os/system level which allows you to do what you're after. I dint personally have the knowledge about your phone to help you out but there will be people on this forum that do. Your best bet will be to explain your situation in this sub forum and I'm sure people will be happy to help you out:)

Ace - All Things Root - Android Forums

Go to settings, about device and tell them your model number and build number as well and I'm sure they'll help out:)

Unforgiven likes this.