• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello all

bikewise

Lurker
Jan 27, 2013
Hi, My name is Ian & am 60 year old.

I'm new to smartphones and this site. and am Hoping to learn lots and share the knowledge!

My mobile phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace and my question is how do I uninstall pre-installed applications which I do not use or want. These are using up memory and preventing me from down loading and using apps that I want. I have tried tapping and dragging to the recycle bin as mentioned in the users manual with out success

Thank you, Ian

Hello and welcome to the forum Ian:hello:

It is possible to delete the pre installed apps but you need to be rooted to do it. Root access basically gives you access at the os/system level which allows you to do what you're after. I dint personally have the knowledge about your phone to help you out but there will be people on this forum that do. Your best bet will be to explain your situation in this sub forum and I'm sure people will be happy to help you out:)

Ace - All Things Root - Android Forums

Go to settings, about device and tell them your model number and build number as well and I'm sure they'll help out:)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones