• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello forum members,

I am Anton Fernando, joining here from Canada to learn and to get some assistance about Android App development.

About 1 year ago I wrote a small app ( search quickwords by anton fernando ), its a basic 1 view app, flashes English words rather rapidly to improve speed reading. I developed and tested it on my google nexus tablet.

My next app will be a typical RSS reader that will list a bunch of articles and upon clicking one it will take to the browser. Given I have very little android app development experience, I realize this is a huge challenge, with XML parsing, adapters, task, intent, and all that. So, I would appreciate any direction on this. Still not sure how to download an example code and use it as base for my apps.

my day job is a embedded s/w development on C/C++/Linux, currently got laid off, so spending time to learn Android apps.

Thanks
Anton

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones