• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello and nice to "meet" everyone

greentech

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
I love the tag-line "Don't lurk! -- Say Hi"

I'm a US based hardware and software dev for mobile, web, db, on small to mid scale projects. The main reason for joining this forum is to see if anyone else is angered by Oracle's move to sue Google (SD Times reported the date of the official law suit as August 12, 2010.) Based on what I hear a the various "water coolers" in some dev shops, Oracle wants to have their cake and eat it too. They don't plan to support Java, rather want to reap the rewards of Sun, and now Google.

A patent atty mentioned that they could cause Android to die -- literally die -- and all the money in the world will not stop this unless someone quickly sues Oracle. There is a possibility that a class-action suit brought against Oracle might cause them to back off. If the suit was carefully structured stating the facts of how they are predatory in their actions, and will really hurt the mobile community (users and developers), and Google and the OEMs will just go on to something else, Oracle might back off fearing a no-win situation and damaged reputation. Any legal folks in this forum might want to think about this. I know many of us would suffer if Oracle ruins the Android market just as things are ramping up.

Thanks for a great forum!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones