• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hello android world

mattkilla420

Jun 6, 2010
hey everyone my name is matt and i'm new here and thought id introduce myself. im currently an iphone user but hopefully by the end of the week i will have the evo for my phone and my iphone will just be an ipod touch.

i got a chance to play around with an evo yesterday and liked it alot, its different and have never used an android device before. overall i was very impressed. the people at sprint were nice and answered all my questions to the best of their knowledge. reading a couple hours on the forums today i am even more confident that i will enjoy android just as much or more than apple. like many people i believe that apple apps look more polished but after being on here there seems to be an app just as good on android with a bit of searching. battery life is only the one big issue for me but its not a deal breaker. i look forward to the evo for the 4g (im in dallas area for a couple months) the big ass screen, the snes and playstation apps. recording video (finally!) sprint tv, hdmi, and customization of android and i look forward to reading on these forums as well.

Hey Matt! Welcome aboard!

You'll probably want to check out the Evo subforum whilst waiting to get one. ;)

thanks i had a couple questions that i could not find googling

possible ways to record different voicemals for different contacts?

possible ways to have volume on but calls for certain numbers such as blocked or restricted incoming calls could be silenced or just have my favorite contacts ring while all others not? thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones