1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hello defector from the HTC desire forum!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mecanician, Sep 17, 2011.

1. mecanician

mecanician Newbie

Hi everone as the title says I've defected from the Desire forum,so far I have been very impressed with the Galaxy S2 although a few teething problems both connecting to Kies & Odin .I must admit to being a bit of a lurker,however I read the forum everyday.
    The desire forum taught me lots of things,I rooted S-Off etc.
    I've been reading the posts on this forum for a few days now and its seems there are a lot of people here who want to help and share their experiences.
    So a big hello,this I will try to post more and get involved!!!

2. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Welcome to the Galaxy S2 forum, congrats on the Galaxy S2. ;)

I never use Kies, the only use I have for Kies is updating the firmware and I use odin for that so it's no use to me.

3. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Welcome to the SGS2 forum, I did the same, but the wife has the Desire now so I do look at the Desire forum every now and again. I had the Desire on o2 which was branded etc but after updating it with the Android 2.3 its a little flyer, it boots just as fast as the SGS2 after the o2 stuff had gone. The SGS2 is a great phone however and I am sure you wil love it, this is a great forum also, interesting to see what problems people have with their phones and what could happen.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews