• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello everybody

Like i have mentioned above that i will be working on android as a part of my final year project. I have to submit my ideas to the mentor.
i saw the inclusion of NFC in the 2.3 and was wondering if i could do a dedicated app on nfc.
I saw a video of home shopping, a brochure containing nfc stickers, and just my tapping on them , your request will be sent to the server. and the products will be delivered to your home.
do you all think would be an extensive project ?
i need assistance on this as soon as possible.

Upvote 0
Tanuj,

Well, you are probably more of an expert on NFC than we are at this point, LOL.

I think that just a short while ago, the Nexus S was the only phone that supported NFC. But I see now that the Samsung Galaxy S2, Xperia acro SO-02C, and Xperia acro IS11S all support NFC, too.

Here's a link to an NFC demo app that I found for you:

NFCDemo - NFC Demo | Android Developers

I don't know what type of effort this might take on your part, though.

Cheers and good luck!

Reactions: Tanuj
Upvote 0
Sir,
First of all thank you for your assistance. That was very Kind.

Moreover, yes, i have read a lot about nfc from android.com

what i want to understand is that, is there a place where i can interact with experienced developers so budding developers like me could get a lot of support.

Upvote 0
Sir,
First of all thank you for your assistance. That was very Kind.

Moreover, yes, i have read a lot about nfc from android.com

what i want to understand is that, is there a place where i can interact with experienced developers so budding developers like me could get a lot of support.

Tanuj,

Please visit our development forum:

Application Development - Android Forums

There are several helpful sub-forums in there, too that I'm sure will be of interest to you.

Also, have a peek at this FAQ thread, its got lots of excellent information to get you started:

http://androidforums.com/application-development/377722-welcome-start-here-faqs-tips-learning-resources-tutorials-helpful-threads.html

Cheers and good luck!

Reactions: Tanuj
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones