1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello everyone and Happy New Year.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by eckorazr, Jan 1, 2012.

1. eckorazr

eckorazr Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    NE OHIO
    Hey guys/gals....

My name is Keith, from NE Ohio....Not necessarily a noob to smartphones but really don't have allot of experience with them either. I used to be with Alltel about 6 mos ago with my first smartphone- HTC HERO. Alltel service was junk and they let me out of my contract because Verizon was not renewing contracts for towers in my area that they piggybacked off. That worked out great because the service as I mentioned was horrible and the phone was absolutely horrible. Worked for my first experience.....

Since August '11 I have been with Verizon..In that short time I've owned the Droid X2, I currently own the Droid 3 and in a few days I am going to the Droid Razr. My wife will be taking my Droid3 since her contract with Alltel is also up and since she liked the idea of a slide out keyboard. I was all for it so I could get the Razr which came out shortly after and is now hopefully next in line to get the ICS update!!!!????? I was seriously considering the GNex but due to all the great reviews I saw posted here I instantly changed my mind. I also drive a hour to work in a different county so signal strength is very important to me. I can live with the Razr and all of it's goodies. I can also live with Motoblur for now. I don't love it but I don't hate it either so I can live with that until we hopefully get the ICS update.

I will be be getting my razr (white version) in the mail hopefully Tuesday so I am going to be searching this forum aggressively in the next few days to gain as much information as I can until then.

Thank you everyone for some very informative topics I've already read. You may have saved me from a bad decision with the GNex!!! Hopefully those of you with the GNex phone are having positive results from yours.

Happy New Years everyone!

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to the AndroidForums, Keith!

I'm just west of you over here in Indy, so "howdy neighbor!" :).

The GNex is a great phone, but I'm sure the Moto Droid Razr will be awesome, too (Moto has a great reputation for very good antennas in their phones).

Here's a link to the Razr forum in case you haven't yet found it:

Motorola Droid RAZR - Android Forums

Happy New Year and glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Cheers!