1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by herghost, Jul 4, 2010.

1. herghost

herghost New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Information Security Consultant
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and thought I'd say hello.

I've recently started using a HTC Desire and I'm loving it so far. Before this I had 18 months of being an iPhone user - so far I have to say that I have made a move in the right direction!

Advertisement

2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Female
    Blogger
    North East England
    You certainly have!
    Welcome to the Android Forums.

I haven't got the Desire but, have moved to Android (X10) from the iPhone after just 6 months. My partner on the other hand, did move from the iPhone 3GS to the Desire and loves it! Won't use it properly till we have a case for it though and was hard pushed to touch it without a screen protector on lol. Thankfully we were on PAYG though, so again, only 6 months with the iPhone and again, PAYG on the Desire (i went contract :s, possibly so i cant have another phone in another 6 months).

Got any apps downloaded yet? If you're into emulators, I strongly suggest using them on Android. The GBA emulator on the Desire is far superior to the one I tried on the iPhone, jailbroken.

3. herghost

herghost New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Information Security Consultant
    yeah, I've been playing around with loads of apps.

so far, the best twitter app is Tweetcaster. Dropbox is an incredibly easy way of moving pictures and other files between computers and phones. Dolphin HD browser is very nice. The 'reddit is fun' app is a great client, if you're a redditor. Spira Defense is a fun tower defense game. And, for the first time ever, I've found that I'm getting into a MMORPG call Parallel Kingdom!

Do you have any recommendations?

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
  5. Gilby3000

Gilby3000 Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Congrats on moving over to Android! I also play Parallel kingdom (I'm actually one of the devs) so if you have any questions or anything, shoot me a message on here or on the PK forums. Good Luck!

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

7. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    UK
    Hi mate and Welcome aboard. :)

HTC-F