1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cibbotso, Oct 28, 2011.

1. cibbotso

cibbotso Lurker
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Hi, joining from Canada. Im looking forward to seeing what I can do with my new phone.

First things first though, I just had my old phone die and I decided to buy a used unlocked galaxy spica I5700. Although everything looked great when I was buying it, now that I brought it home the phone seems to be stuck in some kind of rebooting loop. Every 3 or 4 minutes it resets itself, I actually noticed on my walk home but by then the seller had driven away.

I was wondering if anyone could help me get this back to a working condition. Although I may dabble in some modification once I get a feel for things, for now all I want is a working and reliable system. Preliminary reading tells me I may need to 'flash' it, but I am still not 100% what that means. I also don't know how to check what the original owner may have done to cause this problem.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to the AndroidForums, cibbotso.

Boot loops can be caused by a few things, but you be best served by discussing these very phone-specific reasons in your devices home forum:

Samsung Galaxy Spica - Android Forums

and possible in your phone's all-things-root sub-forum in case the phone has been rooted:

Spica - All Things Root - Android Forums

Good luck and glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Cheers!